Arantia is a large moon, nearly half the size of the earth and with 1/5th the gravity. It orbits the large gas giant Opotrau, which hosts a large ecosystem of floaters, drifters and fallers. Arantia is a world bustling with life, it as around 457 million species, around 70% are microscopic and the other 30% are macroscopic, 70% of macroscopic life is insectoid, while others are fishnoid, amphibianoid, reptilianoid or Kirtu`s. It was originally a moon of Kitoripaosia but was flinged out before it settled into a stable orbit.

Arantia Orbiting Opotrau


The ecosystem of Arnatia is unique in that an entire group of animals, with no similarities to any other groups in the nearby systems, are evolved on this world. This group, the kirtus, are animals that use chemosynthesis to generate energy. They are sedentary and look like large towers from far away. When close enough you can see four large, floppy fins sprouting from the bottom. Later studies reveal them to be legs, used to move only when chemicals in the area have been depleted. Kirtus also have a large beak at the bottom of the tower, which is used to dig into the planet's surface. Once the outside ground has been breached, the kirtu uses an extremely long, yet thin tongue and to burrow into the softer mud underneath. The tongue has been studied to produce a very strong acid, with a PH of 1.6. The acid breaks down the ground into sludge, which the tongue soaks up. While doing this, the kirtu digs up extremely large holes, measuring from 30-100m in depth, and about 5-20m in width. Entire ecosystems thrive in these kurtu holes, dubbed "kole systems" by explorers after having a wild night of partying after discovery of the kirtu`s. The main source of food for life is chemosynthesis

Arantia`s Surface


Most of Arnatia is ocean, studies of the liquid reveals it to be a sort of half methane, half microbe sludge teeming with organisms both big and small. Most of the ocean is about 3km deep, due to the shallow depth of the ocean. The entire planet seems to be a bustling paradise for a reef like ecosystem. The land is more unique, mainly plains. There is a spot of mountains here and there, there is around 26 main islands, with countless thousands on the coasts and in the oceans, these islands hosts 10% of all macro life on the planet, but all species on land are unique to the ocean, as they dont need to drink the methane, they take the methane from the atmosphere and convert it using special sacks in the bodies into liquid.

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.